so, it's been a few weeks since I've last posted on this thing so I thought I'd give an update on how things are going in NY. God has been good, training has been awesome. I am currently stationed at a cross cultural missionary training named Maryknoll, things here have been a little hit and miss as to orthodoxy but the people have been more than welcoming and they have been excellent hosts. There are about 32 people here from four different mission organizations, the Salesians are about 22 of those people and everyone has been awesome.
I am easily making friends here and especially my fellow Salesians are excellent people. I've been able to make it to many daily masses and an unexposed adoration chapel is on the second floor (shweeeet!) so Jesus is never far and I've been very comforted by Him these last days. There is a spontanious rosary group, daily evening and morning prayer and great spiritual conversations everywhere.
There's been a lot of sports, games, adventures and definitely laughter. I have found a group of Salesians who just plain love to laugh. Me and many of the other Salesians spend every night either focused on some awesome Christ centered conversation or we are laughing our heads off at each other. It's awesome.
I got a chance to take a free trip to NY City on Wednesday! The Maryknoll program paid for everybody's tickets to go to and from NY so a bunch of us spent the better part of twelve hours walking around and seeing the sites (ground zero, Times square, Central park, Madison Square gardens, the Brooklyn Bridge) it was great because our tour guide turned out to be a Salesian seminarian I met two years ago. NYC day trip in under $30? Awesome!
Anyway, things are great and your prayers are appreciated as always. One thing to pray for is me and the director, Adam, have been talking about the possiblity of me going to either Rwanda or Brazil, because both places are under-manned. So say a prayer that we can find the right place and God's will be done correctly.
God bless you all!
Glad to hear it's going well! It sounds like you're getting along nicely there.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to hear positive updates! I will continue to pray for you! :) Rwanda and Brazil both sound like interested options too. God will place you where you're most needed!
ReplyDeletePrayers for you my friend!!!
ReplyDelete