Thursday, July 29, 2010

cool things, interesting news

So some news and updates,

A few weeks ago I posted that there was some questioning about my site placement.  I got a chance to talk to a missionary from Brazil and after a lot of prayer and recollection we hhave decided that Brazil would be a better place to send me than either Ethiopia or Rwanda.  I am excited, I will be going with another Salesian, though we will likely not be working in the same sites, but it will be good to have the company.  I will be working in te city of Porto Velho in the western Amazon regions of the country.

On Tuesday we got a private behind the scenes tour of of the United Nations, pretty awesome to be standing behind the podium where the Queen of England gave a speech a week ago.  We also got behind the scenes in the security council chamber, it pays to know the security guards apparently. 

There could is a lot more to say right now but my computer's battery is acting up so I have to cut it short.  Suffice that the days are filled with running around with little kids and the nights are spent hanging out, planning, and keeping each other sane.  I have now discovered that the hardest part of mission so far will be getting on the plane. 

God bless you all.

1 comment:

  1. That's so wonderful that you've figured out where you're going!!! I'm so excited for you. p.s. I got your message and will hopefully be calling you in the next couple of days to catch up :) You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete